Firecracker is a new hypervisor, widely used by AWS as part of its Fargate and Lambda services, specialized for creating and managing secure, multi-tenant container and function-based services. It enables to deploy workloads in lightweight VMs, called micro-VMs, which provide enhanced security and workload isolation over traditional VMs, while enabling the speed and resource efficiency of containers. The integration of OpenNebula with Firecracker builds a next-generation platform for on-premises serverless computing.
Articles in this section
- OpenNebula Overview - Datasheet
- Public Sector and Higher Education - Datasheet
- Key Design Principles for Digital Transformation through Multi-Cloud - Datasheet
- VMware Cloud - Datasheet
- OpenNebula and VMware - Joint Solution Brief
- KVM Cloud - Datasheet
- LXD Cloud - Datasheet
- Firecracker Cloud - Datasheet
Please sign in to leave a comment.